After screening and discussing scores of books, the Literature Forum Steering Committee has selected the following works of fiction, covering a wide range of subjects and writing styles, for their 2018-19 season.
• Thursday, Nov. 8: “Pachinko,” by Min Jin Lee; presented by Pat Agger and Sue Fuller
• Thursday, Dec. 13: “Lincoln in the Bardo,” by George Saunders; presented by Sally Brust and Hilari Fix
• Thursday, Jan. 10 and Friday, Jan. 11: After its extremely well-received reading of “A Trip To Bountiful” last season, Royal Palm Players will present another dramatic reading, with two performances scheduled at 5 p.m. in the Community Center auditorium.
• Thursday, Feb. 7: “Gilead,” by Marilynn Robinson; presented by Charles Clarke • Thursday, March 7: “Never Let Me Go,” by Kazuo Ishiguro; presented by Anne Beatty
• Thursday, April 11: “The Fishermen,” by Chigozie Obioma; presented by Ellie Crawford. Meetings are scheduled for 2 p.m. in the Houghton Room of the Community Center.