To the Editor:
As COVID-19 vaccine distribution begins, Sheriff Carmine Marceno wants you to be aware of emerging fraud schemes:
1) You are asked to pay out of pocket to get the vaccine.
2) You are asked to pay to put your name on a vaccine waiting list or to get early access.
3) Advertisements for vaccines through social media platforms, email, telephone calls, online, or from unsolicited/unknown sources.
4) Marketers offering to sell or ship doses of the vaccine for payment.
5) Requests from someone you do not know asking for your social security number, bank account information or credit card information.
If you believe you have been the victim of COVID-19 fraud, immediately report it to:
• Lee County Sheriff’s Office fraud line – 258-3292
• HHS-OIG Hotline: 1-800-HHS-TIPS | tips.hhs.gov
• FBI Hotline: 1-800-CALL-FBI | ic3.gov
• CMS/Medicare Hotline: 1-800-MEDICARE
Sheriff Carmine Marceno
Lee County Sheriff’s Office