We’ve had an interesting couple of weeks when it comes to natural gas activity in the downtown area. Last week we told you about a potential gas leak in the 4th Street vicinity, which turned out to be workers at The Gasparilla Inn Beach Club working on a gas line at the Beach Club restaurant. The tank was being switched out, and the remainder of the gas left in the tank had to be burned off.
This week, on Monday, workers in front of The Inn were burning off gas from another tank they were replacing. The flame was impressive, and it really spiced up our Monday.
Photo by Sue