To the Editor:
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is gathering public input on shore-based shark fishing. Share your thoughts on the future management of this fishery by attending a public workshop.
Workshops start at 6 p.m. and are on the following days:
- July 18: Bradenton, State College of Florida, Library and Learning Center – Together Manatee Community Room, 5840 26th St. W.
- July 19: Ft. Myers, Joseph P. D’Alessandro Office Complex, Room 165 C & D, 2295 Victoria Ave.
- August 6: Panama City, Gulf Coast State College, The Russell C. Holley and Herbert P. Holley Language and Literature Building, Sarzin Lecture Hall, 5230 W. U.S. Highway 98
- August 7: Pensacola, Sanders Beach-Corinne Jones Resource Center – Parks & Recreation Department, 913 S. I St.
- August 20: South Daytona, Piggotte Community Center, Reception Hall Room, 504 Big Tree Rd.
- August 21: Jacksonville, Jacksonville University, J. Henry Gooding Building – Swisher Auditorium, 2800 University Blvd. N
- August 27: Melbourne Beach, Melbourne Beach Community Center, 509 Ocean Ave.
- August 28: West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Department of Planning, Zoning & Building – The Vista Center, 2300 N. Jog Rd.
- August 29: Miami, Miami City Hall – Commission Main Chambers, 3500 Pan American Drive.
- August 30: Key Colony Beach, City Hall, 600 W. Ocean Dr.
Florida Fish & Wildlife