Skip to main content

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Report blocked ditches, canals and flooding to county

November 10, 2022
By Boca Beacon Reader

To the Editor:

Lee County asks the public to report blocked ditches, swales, canals and areas of local flooding.  

First, to find out if your road is maintained by Lee County DOT, visit If it is not maintained by Lee County, find your municipal contact by visiting 

Second, put in a Request for Action (RFA) to improve surface water drainage along your county-maintained road by contacting the Request for Action Hotline at (239) 533-9400 or 

People can use the same phone number and website to also report blocked creeks and streams (example: downed trees, collected debris). The reported information will be directed to Lee County Natural Resources.  

Betsy Clayton

Lee County Communications Director