To the Editor:
“Once Upon a Time” (actually last Saturday) it was a “Dude Perfect” day for “All in the Family” and “Friends” who enjoyed an amazing Spring Fair hosted by the Boca Grande Woman’s Club. “TV Time” was the theme of this year’s parade and fair.
Nearly 100 volunteers arrived for set-up, and as the parade rolled into our own “Parks and Recreation” grounds, the fun began.
On behalf of the Woman’s Club, “Cheers” to the community of Boca Grande for supporting this event, including the “A-Team,” who made it all possible:
- Peter Diebold for designing our poster
- Julian Keevil for serving as our emcee
- Lemon Bay High School Football and Baseball players
- Lemon Bay High School and LA Ainger Middle School Bands and Jazz Bands
- Lemon Bay High School ROTC and Color Guard
- Frank “The Shark Tooth Man”
- Barrier Island Parks Society (BIPS) for being the Grand Marshal for the Bike Path Parade in honor of their completion of the Lighthouse Project.
- And finally a huge THANK YOU to Joe Wier and David Bartels of the Lee County Parks and Recreation Department without whom this fair would have been “Lost.”
Pam McMillin and Chrys Hyde
2018 BGWC Spring Fair Chairmen