To the Editor:
The Disaster Recovery Centers located at the following locations will temporarily close for the Presidents’ Day Holiday on Monday, Feb. 20.
• Tringali Recreation Center, 3450 N Access Road, Englewood
• Cultural Center, 2280 Aaron St, Port Charlotte
Operations will cease at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 18 and begin again on Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 8 a.m. Although the deadline to apply for assistance for damage from Hurricane Ian has passed, survivors who were affected by the storm can still:
• Get help understanding FEMA decision or request for information letters
• Check the status of your FEMA application
• Get information about help with rental assistance or other basic needs
• Get referrals to agencies or non-profits that may offer resources FEMA is not able to provide
• Meet with a U.S. Small Business Administration representative
Meet with a mitigation specialist about protecting your home and property from future natural disasters
You do not need to go to a DRC to get assistance. You can contact FEMA or update your application the following ways:
– Online at DisasterAssistance.gov
– Call the FEMA Helpline at (800) 621-3362. The line is open daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
For the latest information on Florida’s recovery from Hurricane Ian, visit floridadisaster.org/info and fema.gov/disaster/4673. Follow FEMA Region 4 (@femaregion4) / Twitter and at facebook.com/fema. If you have questions about red tide blooms, call DOH-Lee at (239) 690-2100.
Tammy Soliz, Public Information Officer