To the Editor:
Last Saturday Boca Grande celebrated the 2019 Boca Grande Woman’s Club Spring Fair, “Safari.” Nearly 100 volunteers participated with us. Starting with the much-anticipated annual bike and golf cart parade, the fun continued at the Community Center with music, popcorn, games and good food.
On behalf of the Woman’s Club, we thank you for supporting the Spring Fair and celebrating our special island. We especially wish to thank the following:
- Peter Diebold for helping us with our fun ”Safari“ poster;
- Julian Keevil for serving as our gracious master of ceremonies;
- Lemon Bay High School football and baseball teams;
- Lemon Bay High School ROTC and color guard;
- Lemon Bay High School and LA Ainger Middle School bands and jazz band;
- OceanWolf Dog Agility;
- Frank the “Shark Tooth Man”;
- Boca Grande Historical Society for serving as our honorary Grande Marshall;
- Lee County Parks and Recreation and especially Joe Wier and David Bartels for their major assistance in making the Spring Fair happen.
See you next year!