To the Editor:
License-free fishing days provide an excellent opportunity for those who don’t yet have a fishing license to experience fishing, take youth fishing, or for avid anglers to introduce a friend to fishing without having to purchase a license.
On these days, the fishing license requirement is waived for all recreational anglers, including both residents and nonresidents.
All other rules such as seasons, bag and size limits apply.
License-free freshwater days
- First consecutive Saturday and Sunday in April
- Second consecutive Saturday and Sunday in June
- License-free saltwater days
- First consecutive Saturday and Sunday in June
- First Saturday in September
- Saturday following Thanksgiving
The saltwater waiver applies to any recreational harvest requiring a saltwater fishing license (e.g., crabbing, lobstering, scalloping, etc.) as well as fishing from shore or a boat. A snook or spiny lobster permit is also not required on these days.
Florida Fish and Wildlife