The Barrier Island Parks Society and Florida Park Service will host their annual “Cookout in Paradise” on Sunday, April 1, at 6:30 p.m. at the historic Port Boca Grande Lighthouse & Museum in Gasparilla State Park.
There wil be great food and lots of fun at one of the most beautiful locations in the area, as well as live entertainment a cash bar and a silent auction.
The admission price for adults is $10, $5 for children under 10. All proceeds benefit Gasparilla Island, Cayo Costa, Don Pedro and Stump Pass State Parks and the Port Boca Grande Lighthouse & Museum.
Other activities sponsored by BIPS include:
• Thursday, March 29: Scavenger Hunt, Gasparilla Island State Park, 9:30 a.m.
• Thursday, April 5: Great Seashell Hunt, Gasparilla Island State Park, 9:30 a.m.
• Thursday, April 12: Wading Adventure, Gasparilla State Park, 9:30 a.m.
• Saturday, April 14: Boca Grande Prix, 11a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Thursday, April 19: Earth Day Program & Project, build and decorate a rain barrel. Held at Gasparilla Island State Park at 9:30 a.m.
• Saturday, April 21: Florida Lighthouse Day Celebration, Port Boca Grande Lighthouse & Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Thursday, April 26: Those Stunning Shorebirds, Gasparilla Island State Park, 9:30 a.m.
E-mail (required, but will not display)
Notify me of follow-up comments
Click for a larger view
Last 2 tweets from bocabeacon: