The Boca Grande Childcare Center is ready to ‘Celebrate the Silver!’ Their silver anniversary, that is.
The sold-out event promises to be an evening to remember, with Live and Silent Auctions filled with donations from the generous citizens and businesses of Boca Grande.
The Boca Grande Childcare Center opened its doors 25 years ago to provide a place where children could play while their mothers worked on the island. Over the years, the Center has changed into an early learning center rich in opportunities for children to explore and grow in a supportive environment.
The Center cares for 30 children from the ages of one to five with a staff of six. It is a nonprofit, nondiscriminatory mission of Our Lady of Mercy Church, and open to children of all faiths.
Over the years the Childcare Center has provided quality childcare at an affordable price thanks to the donations and grants from the members of the Boca Grande community.
Items in the silent auction include:
• Shell themed tabletop décor including 1 shell pot, 12 napkin rings with a shell spray, 12 shell placecard holders, 6 shell votive candle holders
• A round of golf for four at the Tom Fazio designed Coral Creek Golf Course, including cart. Donated by Rich Snyder
• Golf for four at the Pete Dye course at the Gasparilla Inn & Club, including cart. Donated by the Gasparilla Inn and Club.
• A half-day of fishing with Captain David Chatham. Donated by the Chatham family.
• A basket of Aveda goodies, including gift cards to enjoy a manicure and pedicure. Donated by James Griffith Salon.
• Dinner for six at the Temptation, including a first course, an entrée and dessert. Donated by Karen & Jim Grace.
• For the wine connoisseur: a gift certificate to The Temp, which will deliver to your home. Donated by Karen and Jim Grace.
• A lovely beach scene painted and donated by Bill Heisel.
Items in the live auction include:
• “A Taste of Cincinnati” - dinner for 12 in the home of Marilyn and Bill Thurner, co-hosted with Joan and John Hillenbrand and Chris and Kay Rembold
• One-of-a-kind Jeanie Stevenson designed and created shell-covered planter
• Gourmet dinner for 18 prepared by Boca Grande Club chef Greg Foos, hosted by Pat and Bill Heisel, with Father Carosella as an honored guest
• Five days in the beautiful Scottsdale, Ariz. home of Lou and Corie Fusz
• Progressive dinner for 12. Cocktails with Chrys and Doug Hyde, dinner with Shelley Barr and Bob McKinney, and dessert with Hebe and John Murphy
• Everglades adventure with Capt. Mark Futch. Fly away on Capt. Futch’s sea plane, enjoy an airboat tour followed by lunch at the Rod and Gun Club, then a flight back to Boca Grande. Donated by Diane and Steve Walker
• Cocktails and appetizers for 40 in the Isles home of Pat and Tom Jeffs. Hosted by Genie and Dick Lyman, Florita and Charlie Field, Mike and Rollie Baer, and Pat and Tom Jeffs
E-mail (required, but will not display)
Notify me of follow-up comments
Click for a larger view