The Boca Grande Garden Club’s annual Christmas Luncheon and table-setting display will be held at the Gasparilla Inn & Club on Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 11:30 a.m.
“It’s not easy being green” will be the theme.
Tickets for members are $48. The event is open to non-members at $60 as seating permits.
Call Marjorie Moore for reservations at 964-1264, or mail checks to POB 1576.
In addition, there will be an information meeting and presentation on the club’s field trip to Chelsea Gardens on the same day, December 7, at 4:30 p.m. in the Community Center auditorium. This meeting is for all those who have registered for the trip, or who may be interested in going next May.
The 10-day tour will also include gardens of Kent and Surry.
The rest of the Garden Club’s schedule for the season is as follows:
• Thursday, Dec. 8, 10 a.m.: Johann Fust Library Loggia – Georgia McGurl, “Arranging Flowers Under Water.” Cost to members $20. Cost for non-members $30. For reservations, contact Christian Scott-Hansen at 964-4430.
• Wednesday, Jan. 11, 1 p.m.: Boca Grande Community Center, Paul Epson, “A Transplanted Englishman’s Five E’s of Gardening,” followed by plant sale and tea. Guest fee $25. For reservations, contact Kay Ferland at 964-4162.
• Monday, Jan. 23, 10 a.m.: Horticultural Walk around Boca Grande with Woody Thayer, followed by lunch. $10 for members, $20 for guests. For reservations, contact Jan Wechsler at 964-2233.
• Wednesday, Feb. 1, 1 p.m.: Boca Grande Community Center, Nancy Clark and “The Majesty of Floral Designing in the White House.” Event followed by a book sale and signing at tea. Guest fee $30. For reservations, contact Kay Ferland at 964-4162.
• Thursday, Feb. 2, 9 a.m.: Field trip to Selby Botanical Gardens with a guided tour and lunch. Contact Jean Meanwell at 964-1450.
• Monday, Feb. 27, 9 a.m.:Field trip to the Children’s Garden, Sarasota, with guided tour and lunch. For more information, contact Nora Lea Reefe at 964-1491, Jane Moore at 964-1040 or Dee Wheeler at 964-2741.
• Wednesday, March 7, 1 p.m.:Boca Grande Community Center, Mary Ellen Flanagan, “Florida Gardens and Landscaping on Boca Grande.” Guest fee $25. For reservations, contact Kay Ferland at 964-4162.
• Wednesday, April 4, 1 p.m.:Begins at the Boca Grande Community Center, annual Garden Tour for members and houseguests only. For more information, contact Pam Payne at 855-9032.
• Monday, May 21 through Thursday, June 1: BGGC tour to the Chelsea Flower Show and the Gardens of Kent, England. For information, call Jen Hanna at 697-0064, 269-268-1593 or email: 2travelpals@ gmail.com.
View More images >>
E-mail (required, but will not display)
Notify me of follow-up comments
Click for a larger view
Last 2 tweets from bocabeacon: